Within Tanatex Chemicals BV, for the R&D department within the group New Technologies in our headquarters in Ede, The Netherlands, we are currently looking for candidates for the fulltime position of:
R&D Chemist (m/v)
The Research & Development department is responsible for competitive and creative solutions for processes in the global textiles industry. Convincing products and solutions are synthesized and formulated and then offered to the various Business Units.
Job activities include:
- Conceptual and practical, project based, development of chemical auxiliaries for digital carpet and textile printing.
- Development within agreed timeframes. Products to be developed are, for example, thickeners for aqueous print pastes for Valvejet printing on carpets, pretreatment agents and functional inks for Piezo jet printing on (pile) textiles.
- Projects start from a well-defined product profile.
- Introduction of new raw materials and products into the system of the organization in a structured way.
- Taking into account demands coming from Product Safety and Regulatory affairs (PSRA) and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHES)
- Building a knowledge base on raw materials and formulations, in order to be able to develop products within agreed timeframes.
- Cooperation with different departments like Business Units and Sales (setting up product profiles, validation of developed products, advice) and Production (assistance in upscaling of developed products, advice).
What we expect from you:
- Preferably a Bachelor degree in relevant field (Chemistry, Materials Sciences)
- Preferably 3 – 5 years industry experience in relevant field (e.g. inks, coatings industry)
- Safe working attitude in the laboratory
- Accurate and structured attitude
- Good observation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
What you may expect from us:
- 25 days of leave and in addition 12 ATV days with a full-time employment
- Extra leave days for age and years of service (up to 10 days extra)
- Pension scheme
- Bicycle plan
- Group health insurance
- Working from home option in consultation with supervisor
TANATEX Chemicals is an international organisation that sells, develops, and produces chemicals for the textile industry. We have been leading innovative solutions for textile processing for almost 60 years, such as waterproof and breathable tents or the processing of skin care in textiles. Thanks to our worldwide network of offices and distributors, we support our customers all over the world. We do this with a passion for textiles!
For more information please contact Sebastiaan Kolmschot (R&D Groupleader New Technologies): +31 (0)318-670942 or Anouk Werkman (HR Business Partner): +31 (0)318-670911. Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.